Sometimes it is hard to recognize your own value in the workplace. Especially as a job seeker who may have been out of work for some time it is easy to become negative about your skills and abilities. Before you throw in the job search towel consider these simple questions you can ask yourself to reassess your strengths and reframe them for hiring managers.
- What activities do you enjoy? Think about your previous experience. What aspects of your job did you really love doing? It may have been specific projects or it may be customer contact or sales. Write them down as you think of them so you can review them later in the process.
- What makes you happy? It is one thing to enjoy certain aspects of your job, but it is another to know what really fulfills you in life? What are the things that truly make you feel happy? If there is a big difference between the things you’ve done in your previous jobs and the things that you are happy doing, you may wish to consider a career shift that can provide more engagement for you.
- What are your talents? What are you particularly good at? When have you felt particularly proud of the way you used your talents to help others? It is important to take a hard look at the things you are good at and know how to apply them to a career.
- What are your accomplishments? This may be the most difficult question to answer. People don’t like to feel as though they are bragging or being overly self-congratulatory so our accomplishments are downplayed. However, these are the things that can give you a real insight on what you want to do in your career.
- What are your best qualities? When a company hires a new employee it isn’t all about the skills match. It is important that you also blend with the existing company culture. Are you laid back and funny? Are you organized and detail oriented? Knowing what soft-skills you have can help you play up your best qualities when searching for companies who already match your core values.
Are you ready to change the way you think about your job search? If you are looking for jobs in Dallas TX, contact the team at CornerStone Staffing today!