The below speech was given by Alana Hefner, Director of Career Services, at this year’s awards banquet at Tarleton State University. It honors our very own recruiter, Megan, with the Senator Robert Glasgow Community Award for dedicating time and resources to supporting and enhancing student life at Tarleton State University:
- CornerStone is a regular sponsor for job fairs and continues to find ways to go above and beyond to reach Tarleton students. They have a partnership with Talent Rooster, cutting edge technology, to offer Tarleton job seekers access to software to create professional video resumes. CornerStone identified Tarleton State University as the one and only campus with whom they wanted to partner and offer this amazing service free of charge. This is an enormous honor given that TCU, UT Dallas, UT Arlington, UNT, and TWU are in CornerStone’s backyard.
- Megan is a Tarleton graduate. She has made countless trips to Tarleton’s Stephenville campus from Arlington, given class presentations, attended job fairs, conducted campus-wide workshops, and joined faculty meetings in an effort to develop a deeper connection with faculty/staff/students.
- The Tarleton partnership is Megan’s brainchild as she sought out our office with this wonderful, generous service.
- She and CornerStone have been a tremendous asset and resource to the student body and Career Services through their willingness to make countless trips to the university to build relationships with the students and faculty as well as their monetary support in this challenging economy.
- Our students now have a chance to participate in the newest incarnation of the classic, but increasingly dated, paper resume. Numerous alumni have used this technology successfully, which has resulted in job offers.
- Specifically, Megan has placed over 15 Tarleton graduates in careers in just little over a year.
- Thank you Megan and CornerStone for you commitment and dedication to our students.